PURPOSE: Despite it’s name, a winter debris cover can be used any time of the year to keep leaves, dirt and debris out of a swimming pool. In addition to keeping your pool clean, a winter debris cover will:
- enable you to close your pool for the winter months, saving you very significant sums on electricity, chemicals and wear and tear on pool components. For many customers, the cost of the cover will be repaid from the first year’s savings.
- reduce pool water evaporation by up to 85%. The less water you lose to evaporation, the more you save by not having to top up your pool.
CONVENTIONAL COVERS AND THEIR FAILINGS: Most conventional winter debris covers are made from solid PVC membrane. A serious failing of such covers is that rainwater accumulates on top of the cover, posing a safety hazard to young children. The water also stagnates over time; leaves and debris become trapped in the water and the resulting mess turns into a breeding ground for mosquitoes and frogs.
‘APOLLO’ AND ‘APHRODITE’ WINTER COVERS ARE DIFFERENT: They’re quick and easy to take on and off the pool, are aesthetically-pleasing and are able to withstand the rigours of the harsh Cyprus climate.
- Apollo and Aphrodite winter covers are custom-made to fit any shape or size of pool. We contour the cover to fit around curves, Roman steps and stainless-steel ladders. The covers come with 30cm (approx.) of overlap all the way around the pool.
- Most importantly, our covers are manufactured from finest grade woven polyethylene mesh. Mesh covers allow rainwater (which is soft and pure) to filter through the cover and into the pool. Leaves and debris on the surface dry out and are blown away.
- Our basic cover is called ‘Aphrodite’ and this is suitable for pools up to 9 × 4.5m. Pool covers over this size can be supplied with webbing straps stitched across the full length and width of the cover. This reinforcement makes the cover stronger. These are our ‘Apollo’ covers.
- Stainless-steel tensioning anchors secure the cover in place at intervals of 1.2-1.5m. These anchors allow you to tighten the straps of the cover periodically to maintain a nice tight fit.
- You have a choice of four mesh colours: Beige, Green, Blue and (soon) Grey.
- Apollo and Aphrodite covers both come with a FREE storage bag.
- Best of all, high quality installation (see video below) is included FREE of charge.
…and despite their excellent quality our winter debris covers remain very affordable. Please ask for a quote.
WARRANTY: Our winter debris covers come with a conditional 3 year warranty.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: We’re happy to ship winter debris covers almost anywhere in the World. Please ask for a quote.